After the GEO Protocol team organized the Layer 2 Meetup in New York this May during NY Blockchain Week, we realized that there was a need for the Layer 2 community to experience further development. We saw the need for bringing like-minded people together to share knowledge and ideas, as well as creating a workspace to accommodate that.
That’s why we came up with an initiative that we hope will start propelling the community in this direction. We’ve decided to organize monthly calls with Layer 2 project representatives as well as members of the scientific community in order to enable closer communication in the form of relevant issue discussion.
The first Layer 2 Community Call #1 was held on June 6, 2019.
The participants were:
- Dominik Schmid, Project Manager, Raiden Network
- Patrick McCorry, PISA Research, PhD, Assistant Professor at King’s College London
- Pedro Moreno-Sanchez, PhD, a post-doctoral researcher at TU Wien (Vienna University of Technology)
- Dima Chizhevsky, Chief Architect, GEO Protocol
- Stefanie Roos, Assistant Professor at Delft University of Technology
- Karl Bartel, Brainbot technologies / Raiden Network
The general topic of the community call was:
‘Routing in state channel networks’.
The following topics were discussed:
- Current approaches for routing algorithms: advantages and disadvantages.
- Combinatorial explosion issue.
- Source routing and alternative techniques.
- Channel imbalances, how to balance the network fees.
- Multi-hop routing security.
In case you missed it, you can watch the video recording of the Layer 2 Community Call #1 here:
If you want to join the Layer 2 community and/or take part in the next L2 Community Calls, feel free to join the L2 Level Uppers Telegram chat.